grow your wiki
Page maintainers can help put each page into context on the wiki by understanding and utilizing a structure that will make sense and augment searches, so that a search hit based on relevance alone will guide the seeker into the right section or grouping entirely.
The page maintainer understands the overall taxonomy of the wiki and offers suggestions for tags and labels but also offers template guidance and organizational structure to edited or newly contributed pages.
A wiki page maintainer is someone who possesses the following traits:
* Understands the overall concepts, tasks, and reference information that a reader may require
* Interprets new additions and contributions and carefully, with consensus, ensures a level of organization is maintained.
* Understands how to use a wiki - how to organize content, get others involved, make it easy to use and keep it organized as it grows.
* OverOrganizer - an anti-pattern in which someone re-organizes a lot of content without first seeking consensus for the changes.
* WikiGnome - also known as WikiGardener, a person who keeps the wiki running smoothly by fixing broken links, typos, and improving the overall flow and quality of content. PageMaintainers, Champions, and WikiGnomes are critical to the success and quality of the wiki.
* WikiTroll - someone who tries to disrupt the wiki by posting inflammatory comments and distracting people from the talk at hand. A champion will swiftly deal with the disruptions of a WikiTroll to keep the wiki running smoothly, and try to help the WikiTroll become a more productive community member.